Spectrum Compatible Routers provides their readers a free modem using a built-in router. Although it is made out to be liberated, they will actually charge you a rental fee of 5 dollar per month to use the Spectrum receiver. For this reason and several others, it is better to buy Your Spectrum modem. Purchasing your modem will give you the Opportunity to use a modem that really matches your network’s needs instead of the generic one that Spectrum provides you.
Why You Need to Get Your Own Spectrum Approved Modem?
The Sneaky thing about Spectrum’s support is that they will provide you with a Spectrum compatible modem with built-in router at no cost. What they do not tell you is that using the built-in router on the modem they give you, they will charge you around $5 per month. They call it a wireless fee.
Sure, Spectrum’s modem may not be all bad. But it is not constructed to accommodate your network’s requirements. Getting Spectrum Compatible Routers, then you will have the ability to better see what is going on in your network and help make certain you have the speeds you will need to reach all your devices.
Why remain with the generic modem or modem/router combo that Spectrum offers when you can find a modem that could actually manage the amount of space you will need to cover. You will have the ability to make certain that your router can reach anyplace that you need it to and not be stuck with the policy you are given. Buying your modem/router combo is a much better choice than getting just a modem.
- Money Saver: If you would like a modem and a router, you may need to purchase two different units if you did invest in a combo.
- Space Saver: Imagine needing to find enough space for both a modem and a router while still hoping to keep them from being an eye sore. Dealing with a single unit is much easier to combine in.
- Simpler to set up: Connecting a modem/router combo is easier than connecting a modem, then connecting a router to it.
How to Install a New Spectrum router?
- Plug the modem into the power socket in the wall.
- Attach the coaxial cable into the wall jack one in and the other to the port on the modem.
- Plug the Ethernet cable into the back of your computer on one side and to the modem’s Ethernet jack on the opposite end.
- Open a browser on your own computer and type in the address that is provided by your modem.
- From there, follow the setup instructions included with your modem.
Net gear Nighthawk C7000 Modem Router Combo
Our choice for the best Spectrum compatible modem is your Net gear Nighthawk. This is a three-in-one cable modem, for example, modem, an AC1900 WiFi Router, and a 4 Gigabit Wired Switch. This is a DOCSIS 3.0 modem with up to 960Mbps speed.